Targeted SMEs or Startups
GreenOffshoreTech is looking for SMEs that are working in the area of advanced materials, advanced manufacturing & digitalization, environmental technologies and new energy carriers.
The applicants must be legal entities established and based in one of the GreenOffshoreTech regions (Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Germany, Norway, Iceland, and UK), or members of one GreenOffshoreTech clusters.
In addition to the financial reward (maximum of 60,000€ per project), each selected SME-driven innovation project will be supported by tailored Business Support Services (Brokerage & B2B Matchmaking, One-to-One coaching, Business & Tech Academy, etc), and an Open Space for Innovation to enable cross-sectoral and cross-border collaborations.
To be eligible, a project proposal must address at least one of the four topics below, and in that topic, it must address one of the fields:
Topic #1: Advanced Materials
- Development and production of advanced materials and structures designed to function in the exposed offshore environment.;
- Of particular interest are materials that are either eco-designed, corrosion resistant, light weight, cost-effective or durable. Solutions suitable include materials for offshore multi-use platforms, wind farms and aquaculture as well as vessels
Topic #2: Advanced Manufacturing & Digitalization (IoT, AI, Big data)
- Digitalisation and data technologies for working in offshore environments;
- Inspection, monitoring, testing integrity;
- Robotic and digital solutions with a focus on improving operational and personnel health and safety;
- Innovative technologies supporting greater resilience of passenger, supply and emergency transport services.
Topic #3: Environmental Technologies (Circular economy – Waste Prevention, Reuse, Recycle, Recovery)
- Reduction of waste and environmental impact through prevention, reuse, recycling and recovery.
- Innovative technologies supporting circular economy throughout the value chain, from design to decommissioning.
- Innovative technologies supporting energy efficiency and water efficiency throughout the value chain.
- Innovative technologies that provide solutions for and mitigate against the impacts of climate change and greenhouse gas emissions, including carbon capture and storage (CCS).
Topic #4: New Energy Carriers (Hydrogen, Methanol, Ammonia, Lithium-ion Cell)
- Innovative technologies to support the capture, storage and transportation of energy to the end user.
- Decarbonisation and modernisation of waterborne transport products, services and fleets.
- Development of complimentary onshore infrastructure.
- Development of onshore infrastructure, including requirements for clean energy waterborne transport, production, repairs, and maintenance.
How to join GreenOffshoreTech?
The applications must be submitted digitally using the GreenOffshoreTech Proposal Platform, that can be found following this url: https://greenoffshoretech.com/call-for-proposals
Process and Approach
The GreenOffshoreTech Consortium will offer a 3-phase accelerator programme designed for innovation support to SMEs that aims to mature and validate project ideas for the development of new cross-sectorial and cross-border value chains in selected Topics targeting offshore applications.